Thursday, August 30, 2007

The benefits of living on Oak

When I first moved into my apartment, I could not believe the noise decible coming from the street at night. I could hear everyone's conversations clearly, and a car with a broken muffler would easily wake me up at 2am. Like most things, I grew used to it and now I love it. I found it hard to sleep in the safe, quiet, lulled-to-sleep suburbs where my sister lives.

And I get to hear this, at 11:15 at night:

Girl#1: "I'd suck pussy!"
Girl#2: "You'd suck pussy?"
Girl#1: "Yeah, no really, I would."
Girl#2: "You'd suck pussy... you don't suck pussy, you eat pussy.

Also, at about the same time each month, I'll return home, drop my shit in my room, and glance out my window to see 2 porn actors in mid-fuck. The large balding man across the street watching porn doesn't think to close his curtains to block the 52" plasma screen image coming into his living room, and, as it happens, my bedroom. Or maybe he does think to close the curtains and chooses not to because that's his thing. Either way, the shock of the mute porno jars me awake from my work-day cooldown and never ceases to make me burst out laughing.

I heart this crazy motherfucking city.

No comments: